Here is a reality check. Do not look for the cheapest pay as you go SIM. You may not get enough features. Also, do not get too engrossed in the features as you may end up spending considerably higher than you should. In an attempt to find the best pay as you go SIM deals, do not forget to consider the network you would be on. There are four major networks in the country and all the others are resellers. You need reliable network reception, which is not to be taken for granted.
Finding the best pay as you go SIM deals is not that tough. Given the fact you are not looking for included features or unlimited minutes, texts or data, all you need to focus on is the charges per minute, text and megabyte of data.
• Lyca Mobile offers the cheapest pay as you go SIM deal. You would be charged only $0.02 per minute of talk time, $0.04 per text, $0.04 per MMS and $0.06 per MB of data.
• EcoMobile, Expo Mobile, H2O Wireless and PlatinumTel have the second best plans in regards to charges. Both EcoMobile and Expo Mobile charge only $0.05 per minute of talk time, $0.02 per text, $0.10 per MMS and $0.10 per MB of data. PlatinumTel has the same charges with the exception of MMS which is charged at $0.02. It makes the plan even better. H2O Wireless has the same charges for minutes and data but $0.05 for every text. The charge for every MMS is $0.10.
• As you climb up the ladder of market leaders, you will be paying a tad more. AT&T pay as you go SIM deals offer $0.10 per minute of talk time, $0.20 per text, $0.20 per MMS, $2.04 per MB of data, $0.25 for international SMS (receiving or sending) and $0.50 to send international MMS while it is still $0.25 to receive international MMS.
• T-Mobile will charge you $0.10 per text and $0.25 per MMS. The network has load amounts determining the cost of minutes. If you pay $10.00 for 3 months then you get 30 minutes. $30.00 for 3 months gets you 160 minutes. $50.00 for 3 months gets you 400 minutes. $100.00 for 12 months gets you 1000 minutes.
• Verizon Wireless charges $0.10 per minute, $0.10 per text, $0.25 per MMS and $0.99 per day for data. There is an additional access fee per day which is $0.99 per day.
You may also consider AirVoice, Black Wireless, Red Pocket Mobile, Total Call Mobile, US Cellular and ZACT.